Ahead of Leatherhead’s impressive 2-0 home win over Kingstonian, TFF writer Billie Jo Wilson caught up with influential midfielder D’Sean Theobalds. Read the interview below.
1. How do you feel about helping Leatherhead to reach the second round of the FA Cup?
It was a great feeling to get into the second round of the FA Cup, the team played really well and I was happy to contribute to helping us get to the second round. I also honestly felt we could have even got further.
2. How far do you think Leatherhead Football Club have moved both on and off the field in the last season of you being here?
I feel that we have definitely built on from last season. We had a good end to the season, going on a good run and winning games and this season, new players have come in a brought quality and experience and I think that has shown particularly through the FA Cup.
3. What inspired you to become a footballer?
I’m not sure what inspired me fully but from as far back as I can remember I’ve always loved football and enjoyed playing so maybe I owe it to my dad.
4. What would be your advice to people who want to become a footballer?
My advice would be to always believe in yourself, I think that is really important and keep practising, never give up.
5. Who do you think is a better footballer, Messi or Ronaldo?
Personally, I prefer Messi, Barcelona is my out of England team so Messi is the best in the world for me.
6. Who’s your football idol?
My football idol is Ronaldinho. When I watched him play he made it look so effortless and easy the skills he would do would amaze me and I was always smiling when he was playing, he made it looked fun
7. What’s been the highlight of your footballing career so far?
Aside from the FA Cup run with Leatherhead! I would say going out to Brazil and training with Fluminense was a highlight for me, it was a great experience and I learnt many new things being out there